It has been estimated that about 300 million people in the world and 30 million people in our country are a prey to
various forms of asthma accounting to a total of 10% of the world’s asthmatic population. Despite of the latest researches, advances and invention of extremely affordable medications, the current scenario of asthma is not very convincing. Probable reasons include ignorance, people being unaware of the situation, undiagnosed cases or patients receiving sub-optimal treatment. About 50% of the asthmatic population fails to adhere to the regular medication protocols.
Asthma, a chronic obstructive respiratory disorder is known to occur as a result of heightened immune response to a particular allergen. The disease is marked by episodes of severe breathlessness causing wheezing and cough with a sensation of oppression in the chest occurring as a result of an exposure to a stimulant. Common triggers include dust, pollen, changes in weather, molds, pet animals, chemicals in air or food, tobacco smoke, strong emotions, etc.
When different systems of healing have provided a symptomatic relief, homeopathy promises a lasting cure for a disease like asthma, which inspite of repeated efforts is evoked back by the slightest of a trigger.
Reasons why Homeopathy works:
- Homeopathy essentially focuses on the man in disease rather than the man’s disease.
- Homeopathic physician takes a detailed history of the patient including the intricacies of his life situation, paying more emphasis to find the causative, aggravating and ameliorating modality.
- Homeopathy investigates for any history of suppression especially through the skin.
- Homeopathy discovers the familial tendencies and predispositions.
- Homeopathy effectively works on patient’s immune system and normalizes the susceptibility. Thus, Homeopathy brings about a normal reaction to a particular allergen to which a person was previously hypersensitive.
After a detailed case history, Homeopathic physician prescribes a remedy that covers the symptoms of the disease as well as the characteristics of the patient. Many a times, after administration of a simillimum (the most suitable homeopathic remedy), physician notices amelioration in the asthmatic symptoms but reappearance of the previously present skin eruption thereby suggesting two things:
- The Homeopathic remedy given is working in accordance with the Hering’s Law of cure.
- There has been a history of suppression of a skin disease interiorizing itself to the deeper organs.
As the treatment commences, a homeopathic physician may witness
- The intensity of the attack reduces
- The frequency of the attack reduces
- As the patient keeps on improving with Homeopathy, the attack stops and patient feels healthy
- Complete desensitization to the allergen by Homeopathy ensured by no symptom manifestation on exposure to the known allergen
Did you know?
- Homeopathic drug Sanicula has fish-brine odour in the mouth just before an attack of asthma.
- Homeopathic drug Bovista has cutting pains in the tongue before an attack of asthma.
- Veratrum album, a homeopathic remedy has congestion of liver with asthmatic complaints.
- Homeopathic remedy Phosphorus has itching in the shoulders with asthmatic complaints.
- Homeopathic remedy Borax is suitable for cases manifesting spasmodic convulsions before asthma.
Cannabis sativa, a homeopathic drug for dyspnoea or asthma, where the patient can only breathe by standing up. Choking while swallowing. Things go down the wrong way.
Mutabile is an infallible remedy in homeopathy for asthma resulting from suppression of any disease.
Juncus Effusus can be used in homeopathic treatment of haemorrhoidal subject having asthmatic complaints.
Homeopathy also has a special repertory called the Asthma Repertory by Dr. Jawahar Shah, exclusively designed to treat asthma.
There is no second thought that homeopathy is greatly efficacious in treating asthmatic disorder. It is all about the treating homeopathic physician, who needs to have the conviction in demonstrating its worth.
- Efficacy of Homeopathy In Allergic Disorders & Its Homeopathic Therapeutics medianet_width=’300′; medianet_height= ‘250’; medianet_crid=’432485586′; In developing countries like India, the rate of allergic patients is increasing rapidly. Currently 10% to 30% population is affected by various allergic disorders worldwide. The main causative factors are dietary errors and faulty life style. What Is Allergy? An Allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of…
- Recent scenario of Homeopathy in India From its introduction in India by a French Physician, Dr. Honigberger till today, Homeopathy has survived the tests of time. There are clear signs that homeopathy has been recognised as an authentic system of medicine. Today, more and more people are becoming aware of it and are experiencing its wonderful…
- Homeopathy Software : Various Avatars Of Homeopath One of the most thoroughly researched and refined homeopathy software available in the Homoeopathic world today is the path-breaking “HOMPATH” software. Envisioned, conceived and painstakingly chiselled by a dedicated team of Homoeopaths spearheaded by the indefatigable Dr. Jawahar Shah, this homeopathy software comprises of the WORLD’S LARGEST HOMOEOPATHIC DATABASE. Combining…
- Launch of world’s largest homeopathic database software. HOMPATH – A RENAISSANCE Homeopathy has witnessed a revolution with the advent of Homeopathic software, making the art of prescribing more precise, rational and swift. It has been the scientific tool to even out the art of practicing. Contributing to the technological world of Homeopathy, Hompath underwent a renaissance with it launch at LIGA…
- Allergic Skin Reaction of Seasonal Allergy An allergy is an allergic reaction to human body caused by infections and virus. Seasonal allergy reactions occur for a short time depending on the season, which naturally goes away as soon as the season ends. Though, patient needs to visit professional medical practitioner for thorough treatment. Immune system of…